Was it bothering you that your email name was the same as your YouTube channel name? Or, the fact that you couldn’t name your channel separately because your email ID had to have your actual name?
Well, you don’t have to worry any more as the two can exist independently now. Yes, you can keep your YouTube channel name separate from your Google account. The new update by this popular social media platform has allowed users to change channel name and profile picture, making sure it is independent of the Google account name.
How to Change Your YouTube Channel Name Without Affecting Google Account?
Well, it’s YouTube, so it’s no rocket science to do it given the interface is insanely user-friendly. It’s a little different for desktop users and mobile users though.
Here’s how it works for desktop users:
- You open YouTube Studio first.
- Here, you’ll find a button “Customize Channel” that you need to click on.
- Next, you go under “Branding to change your profile picture as well as add a banner image and a video watermark.
- Then, you go to Basic Info to change your channel name, add a description and update your contact information.
And, you’re pretty much done!
On the other hand, for doing the same thing on your mobile phone, it’s kind of faster and simpler:
- Just tap on your profile picture on the top right corner of the page.
- Go to “Your Channel”.
- Now, tap on “Edit Channel”.
- Change your DP and name here by tapping on the edit icon.
- You can add a description too.
What Happens After You Make the Changes?
Well, your channel name does change and remains separate from your Google Account. However, you’ll lose your verification badge here. No worries though, you can re-apply for the verification badge. Only we can’t tell you how long it’ll take for you to receive it.
The plus point is that both personal and brand accounts have this advantage now. Keep your YouTube channel name separate from your Google Account name.