Have you ever scanned someone’s Instagram QR code to get connected with them on the app?
Then you must know only Instagram’s built-in camera can scan the code. But now Instagram has come up with an update to its mobile app which offers universal QR code made for individual profiles.
Now you can easily share your QR codes and access other profiles while using any camera app by scanning the QR code.
You can generate your universal QR codes by visiting the Settings on Instagram. Then select the QR code listed in the settings option. Your user name or name tag will be visible first. Once you save, it will start acting as a QR code. You can also scan other QR code by clicking on the “Scan” option given at the bottom of the screen. Once the QR code is saved, you can share through the opportunity provided.
Note: You can use multiple themes for the background while generating QR codes. You can choose colours, emojis or even take selfies while making QR codes. Isn’t it cool!
Even retail sectors can benefit from this update. If you have a business and you want followers or want to share your services and products with users, you can utilise this update from Instagram.
- Restaurants or other consumer-driven businesses can share their Instagram page QR code through printed format. Users will only scan the QR and get connected to their official Insta page.
- Businesses can share Menu, Deals, Offers throughout the day.
- Quickly appointment booking, reservation for seats.
- Promos and auto-generated messages for new followers, who lands on your business Instagram page for the very first time.
- Feature items that are new in the business and available for sale.
If you want local followers for your business or trying to exchange Insta profiles in a quick mode, now it is more comfortable. No need to spell your nickname in the hope the user will get it correctly in the first attempt. You just have to show your QR code in your profile menu, and everything will be quickly done.
Social media handles are coming up with regular updates and this update from Instagram will be helpful for many. Those who can’t get the nicknames in one go or those who don’t know how to use the in-built QR scanner- the update will be beneficial for them.