Human Genes Activation Code decoded by the University of California San Diego using Artificial Intelligence

Researchers and scientists had discovered long ago that human genes are recognized by a set of instructions delivered via the DNA and are associated with the four codebases such as A, C, G, and T.

Human Genes activation code using Artificial intelligence 

The human genes sequence of TATAAA, popularly known as “TATA box” form a part of 25% of human genes. However, because of the various possibilities for the remaining 75% of genes, their activation code has been a mystery.

Very recently the researchers from the University of California San Diego cracked the DNA activation code for the three-quarters of the human genes using artificial intelligence. This finding has been coined by the name of DPR ie downstream core promoter region. This forms a major important portion of the human genes keeping aside the TATA box.

Details of artificial intelligence techniques being used to activate human genes

The DPR discovery is yet to be validated. It has been a controversial topic. They are yet to discover if it even exists in humans. It has been termed an enigma. However recently researchers started focusing on a pool of 500,000 genes that helped scientists focus on 200,000 of them and test them against a machine learning model to monitor the DPR activity. The results were surprisingly good.

DPR motifs have been discovered in human genes after implementing the above research. However, it was very difficult to decode the nineteen bases for DPR as opposed to six for TATAAA. This was mainly because a proper and clear sequence was not visible. There existed a lot of information to be encrypted from these DNA sequences, which could not be achieved by humans. However, using machine learning and artificial intelligence models, it became possible.

Decoding and activating codes for human genes will further be assisted by artificial intelligence. This was the statement of a lead researcher from the University of California San Diego. Many aspects of analyzing DNA sequence patterns will be made a lot more seamless in the future by the aid of artificial intelligence. However, what the future holds for us, is fairly unpredictable.

Recent Articles


Related Stories

Leave A Reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay on top - Get the daily news in your inbox